The "Dust Bunnies" are enormous!

QUICK!!!  Get the Swiffers!! The "dust bunnies" rather the "dust kangaroos" are running wild in the sewing room!   I must admit, I left the door open for this to happen.  Working on projects then all of a sudden another idea comes to mind and I must react to it...well things get put in this corner, on that shelf and before you know it- all hell has broke loose!  LOL   So now that I am feeling somewhat better, I am putting things back in their place and collecting all the "kangaroos" to get ready for the next set of projects that I have been preparing.

"You prepare projects?"   Well, yes I do.  When it is time to "play" I like to have the project already cut and a plan in place before I start.  How else do you think that I can do so many things in a week or at one time?   I might add that I do have the ability to be able to do three or more things at one time.  No, really I can, I tested it this week LOL   Most people I know can do two.  I was dusting the floors/machines, while contemplating the start of yet another project, AND 2 embroidery machines were going!  Sweep, sweep, think, change thread, sweep, change thread, think, sweep, sweep....answer phone, check Facebook, change thread... phew I was tired when those two hours were done LOL    But I did get rid of quite a few kangaroos and embroidered 10 t-shirts; put the patterns away and got the next project at a stage that is ready for finishing...YES!  As well I put more "scraps" in one of the scrap totes.  Damn that thing never goes down!!  

By next week sometime I should have the sewing room back to "my" normal!  Yes, I said "my normal" as not every single thing will be put away.  Somethings must stay close at hand (the scrap tote for one) as I use them very regular and having to take them out of their hiding space and that wastes valuable time when in the sewing room.  Although I sew all summer long, this summer will not be as productive.  I have some painting I want to get done upstairs (the living area for DH LOL) and that will be done over a couple of weeks... not a young as I was where I could do it all in one or two days LOL  The kitchen is getting a major face lift with new paint on ceiling and walls; new light fixtures and then a new border (once the paint cures).  I have two dressers I want to repaint and the kitchen table to re-stain and topcoat....so the sewing will be done in small spots of time.  Having those projects ready and waiting will make the completion of them run smoothly and give me a needed break when I put down the paint brush/roller.

Pictures?  Yikes - there aren't any this time.  Bummer, huh?  But I will post some pics of my progress as I work on those other projects while I'm in the painting mode... deal?

Till the next time... keep your fingers nimble!!
Choux

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Much Sewing

So, What's the Story behind this quilt?

Feeling Like Something New? Yes, Please!!